Activism allows us to use our individual and collective voice to affect social, political, economic, and environmental change. There are a variety of ways to be an activist, from calling your local political leaders to organizing sit-ins to boycotting certain products. It's important that activists educate themselves on the issues they want to change and take deliberate actions to challenge and dismantle systems of oppression.
Protesting and Attending Rallies
Election Day is coming up on November 7, 2023. Takes these steps to make sure you are prepared to have your voice heard:
1. Check to see if you are registered to vote here.
2. Register to vote in NC (if you're not already registered) here.
3. Voting out of state or nervous to vote in person because of COVID-19? Check your state's absentee voting rules here.
4. Apply for an absentee ballot here. Any registered North Carolina voter may apply for an absentee ballot and vote by mail.
5. If voting in person, check your polling location here.
UNC Charlotte has a powerful history of student activism on campus and in the local community.
Photo by Lynn Roberson from the UNC Charlotte University Communications Photostream